Friday, April 22, 2011

The First Of Many "Dales"

Solitary in the presence of Lord
Eternal entity Who is never bored
Trying to figure how Snakes scored
So Yankees fell as crowd roared
As to idiosyncratic Heaven I soared
While my heroes received the sword
For being faithful to The Word
By which all beauty is stored
In harmony with the perfect chord
I create stating I am Dale
The only son who cannot fail
Navigating the Dialina Starship I sail
To make immortal my mother's tale
And mediate between forces of Male
And secrets of the Absolute Female
For whom my poetry's on sale
So I can raise necessary bail
To liberate me from this jail.

              Dale(3)/41/17-09--1/22/02

1 comment:

  1. A "Dale" is a poetic form I invented which consists of 18 lines of six words apiece with two sets of nine rhymes. Although idiosyncratic, I have often explored this form since its conception in 2002. By the way, the DEW Date for this work does not conform to the later manifestations of my calendar in which "Dale" is the seventh month of DEW Year.

    ReplyDelete