Monday, April 18, 2011

The Jewels Of Your Totality

You mesmerized me with the ruby of your personality
You stunned me with the emerald of your generosity
You hypnotized me with the sapphire of your intellect
You overwhelmed me with the amythyst of your humor
You wooed me with the opal of your body
You pleased me with the pearl of your smile
And you conquered me with the diamond of your heart
Too hard to crack with the hammer of my intentions
Refracting the crystal light of the glow of your aura
Blinding me with the intensity of the rainbow prism
I perceived on the dark night when we embraced
Making me wonder how long can last memory of a kiss
As I look back past the thirty years of our union
Into the pinhole of Eternity through which shines light
Of the possibility of what might have happened to us
Without the noisy intercession of other people's reality
Which kept us apart and distant through this lifetime
Even as our longings led us into the arms of others
For whom neither of us should have really cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment