Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Fool Only In Love

You short circuit my brain with craving
To be in your presence my vaunted intellect
Cannot control as hormones of early spring
Kick in and I sit fixated by the silent phone
Waiting for the ring of your velour voice lost
In long moments of amorous oblivion
Reading the Bible to increase faith in Lord
Who directed you into my reality formerly
Resigned to indifferent solitude until the day
You materialized in pub to create in my sad
Existence new meaning even as you melted
My defenses with torch of the kind concern
By which you illuminated my darkness as I wrote
You poems inspired by the purity of your beauty
Which thunder-struck me with a longing I had not
Experienced for a score of years so I fell
Into an adolescent infatuation that continues
To bloom into deep affection transforming
My aloneness into a sentiment of wholeness
I never thought I could ever feel again.

                     "Genius"(5)/18/24-16:DUCK1659--03/21/09

No comments:

Post a Comment